Anonymous asked: Prompt: based on "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days…" ^^
I love this movie.
It all made sense now, she thought, champagne glass still in hand as she stared across the room at James, he was shaking hands with Bathilda Bagshot, the woman hosting this wretched event. Sirius and Remus stood near her, still talking about something or another, but she had stopped listening.
It had all been one massive ploy to get a job. That’s all she was to him, a rung on the ladder to success, a stepping stone, a tool to achieve something greater. And she had fallen for him.
And it was all so ironic, wasn’t it?
She knew that she wasn’t innocent in this, and if she hadn’t fallen for him, it might have even been a comical situation, after all, the only reason she had started going out with him was to write an article on how to lose a guy in ten days, so that she could get a better job. How fitting was it that the bloke that she had chosen to use, had chosen to use her as well?
She had been awful to him in the beginning. Doing everything she knew that men hated, so he would dump her, but he never did. Eventually, after she realized that she didn’t really want him to dump her, she figured he was keeping her around because he saw something in her, something that he liked and he wanted to fight for that, but this explanation made much more sense.
Because no bloke would put up with everything he had unless he was getting something out of it and since she hadn’t slept with him…
"I have to go." She chocked out, interrupting Sirius and Remus’s conversation.
"I told you not to do this." Remus said quietly.
"No." Lily shook her head, willing herself not to cry. "I’m glad you did. Saves me from a lot of embarrassment later on."
"Embarrassment?" Sirius inquired, and it was now that Lily noticed that he looked angry. "Weren’t you just going to write your article and bolt?"
Lily sighed and stood up, setting her glass down. “Have a lovely evening.” She said.
"Lily, wait." Remus stood up and followed after her. "You should know something before you leave."
"No, I think I’ve heard enough alright? Thank you, both of you, but I have to go."
"Shit." Sirius muttered quietly, barely catching Lily’s attention. "You actually fancy him, don’t you?"
"I have to go."
"Lily!" This was shouted from across the room. "You’re a ‘How-To’ girl?"
Lily felt her face flush as she spun around, hands balled into fist. “And you’re in advertising.” She didn’t sound nearly as upset as he did. “So I guess we’re even.”
"Even?" He sputtered, voice lowering in volume now that he was only a few feet in front of her. "Are you bloody kidding me?"
"No." She shook her head, not quite understanding where his anger was coming from.
"You drove me mad for the last two weeks, and you think we’re even?"
"You only stuck around so you could get promoted!" Lily shouted. "You were wonderful, and nice and I fell for it!" She poked him in the chest. "I fell for it! And it was all an act. So you can sit there on your high horse and act all injured, but I didn’t make you fall for me. You’re not the one getting hurt here." She felt like that was a good note to end on and made to leave.
James didn’t seem to agree. She made it out to the steps before he grabbed her arm and spun her around to face him. “You were trying to get rid of me.” He said, and Lily could here that he was hurt. “And you don’t think that hurts?”
"You only stayed because of th-"
"In the beginning." He cut her off.
"What do you mean in the beginning?" She asked, finally coming to her senses and yanking her arm away. "You weren’t showing off how head over heels I was with you only an hour ago?"
"W-Well, I- Listen-"
"No. I was trying to get rid of you until I met your family, and realized what a great person you are!" She laughed. "Well, at the time, I thought you were a great person." She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "I’m done. I can’t do this anymore."
"Fine." He snapped. "You wanted to lose me in ten days, well congratulations, you lost me."
"No." She shook her head, trying to ignore the stinging in her eyes. "No I didn’t. You can’t lose something you never had."
- thatdaisyflowergirl likes this
- lightshadow2001 likes this
- coolkidscantdie27 likes this
- when-reality-meets-perfection reblogged this from thejilyship
- comealongash reblogged this from thejilyship
- comealongash likes this
- greekprincess3 likes this
- infracti-angelus reblogged this from thejilyship
- abluemoonflower likes this
- gingerheit likes this
- questolatodiparadiso reblogged this from thejilyship
- smee112 likes this
- euphoriapotion reblogged this from thejilyship
- restinpopcorn likes this
- thats-so-haiven reblogged this from thejilyship
- the-peanutbutter-book reblogged this from thejilyship
- triedcouldn-t likes this
- fanficsanddrabbles reblogged this from thejilyship
- dani-is-a-fangirl likes this
- jxmes-pxtter likes this
- prongsie-poo likes this
- thankthegodsandpassthehotsauce reblogged this from thejilyship
- you-had-me-at-herondale reblogged this from thejilyship
- you-had-me-at-herondale likes this
- morgan-the-nerd23 likes this
- unimaginery likes this
- palepriggishprincess likes this
- mightjustgocrazy likes this
- itsneverfaraway likes this
- thinknicola likes this
- gryffindor-red likes this
- gryffindor-red said: Can you make this into a longer fic? Like, show the beginning of the relationship? How they started? God, that would be brilliant. I love this so much.
- elletheawesomeone reblogged this from thejilyship
- elletheawesomeone likes this
- 13bleudays likes this
- goforgoldsunshine likes this
- doeevans likes this
- ladywinterbloom likes this
- thestagndoe likes this
- flourishandbotts likes this
- lunylovegoodlover reblogged this from thejilyship
- three-peverells likes this
- skippyshy reblogged this from thejilyship
- skippyshy likes this
- jily-shipper reblogged this from thejilyship
- acharmedfanfiction likes this
- themauradersera reblogged this from thejilyship
- bulletandsophia likes this
- sradepotter reblogged this from thejilyship
- sradepotter likes this